1. Heels together, toes apart.
2. Lie on front with arms at sides and forehead touching floor.
3. Kick the buttocks with the heels.
4 Grasp the ankles, arch the back, attempting to straighten the legs while raising the head upwards.
5. Rock forward and backward.
6. Roll side to side from right to left. (Cross arms behind back if there is difficulty in holding the ankles.)
7. Relax and return to centre.
The rocking motion of this posture massages the internal organs of the abdomen and gradually reduces excess fat in the waist, buttocks and abdomen.
Massages the vertebral column and limbers up the spine, strengthens the thigh muscles, stimulates the solar plexus chakra. and promotes suppleness of the ankles.
Contra-indications Heart disease, high blood pressure, peptic or duodenal ulcers and colitis.